Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Make My Day....Notice me....

I always say it but I really don't know where the days and time has gone, I've sat many times to sit and craft something but now have a million and one different projects on the go that I need to complete so that I can offer them to you to take....
Tatty Teddy 004
Tatty Teddy 003Tatty Teddy 002
Are you a fan of these cute little bears? Over the years I've received quite a few as gifts but I'm most impressed with their images so when I came across a whole box of rubber stamps at the store I had to have some... I only bought 2 but its so tempting to buy the others... I won't though as you can only use them so much!

I had the image of a notice board in my mind so I bought some cork especially for it. The background  I used ribbon to create a fabric style notice board which I left some of it raised so that you can put some words of your choice on the front. Then I used the cork to make a cork board style notice board... as a pin I used an eyelet even though I have tonnes of brads.

For colouring in the image I used distress ink on the background and pro markers to colour in. I'm quite disappointed with my pro markers as they are too wet and even though I use a permanent based ink it smugdes so I'm going to keep an eye for a different ink incase its that.
Tatty Teddy 010
Tatty Teddy 007
Tatty Teddy 008
This time I tried to keep it simple but that space at the top is irritating me so it may end up slightly different, I'll see. This uses the same things as the one above but I've added in buttons and a brad.

If you'd like to own both these Greeting cards
or
you would like to cheer someone up
Please shout
Make My Day
in the comment section!

This is on its way to

6 comments:

  1. They are so cute I love them they are just so pretty I love bears and think you are so talented.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! I just started to branch off just drawing everything and experiment with layers and textures.. Im slowly trying! (omgz for blogger swap.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your work is so beautiful! -Hollychihuahua from Swap-Bot.

    Just a little suggestion to increase comments on your blog... I recommend removing the word verification, especially since you have comment moderation enabled. Word verification is sometimes hard to read and it's frustrating when you have to try multiple times. Just my two cents. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't mind this verification system when commenting on other blogs... the reason I don't have much traffic is because I haven't posted anything for nearly 3 months but hopefully when I start posting on a regular basis again I'll have more people visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these are so cute! I can't decide which one I like better. I like the colours and the simple embellishments!
    Again, great job :D

    -Lima from swap-bot, for "Check out my blog"

    ReplyDelete

Remember to say 'make my day' if you would like the item in this post. I do read every comment but I will not leave any replies unless a question is asked so please don't be offended.

Thank you for making my day by commenting and visiting my blog!

Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...